AMP Life Insurance (Australian Mutual Provident Society) is one of New Zealand’s oldest and best known insurance companies and has been providing insurance for Kiwis since 1849.
Standard & Poor's
AMP life insurance began as a community initiative to provide support for families that were suffering because the breadwinner was prevented, by injury or illness, from earning an income. In those days New Zealand didn’t have a welfare system and the insurer filled that gap.
Today the company continues that community focus and has more than 400,000 customers who enjoy a wide range of comprehensive insurance products including life, crisis, income, health, and disability insurance.
The insurer is also a default Kiwisaver provider.
Key benefits of AMP Lifetrack Life Cover include:
- Life cover payment– can receive a lump sum payment of your choosing for your family or estate when you die
- Terminal illness payment—provides an early payout if you are diagnosed with a terminal illness that will result in your death within 12 months
- Funeral expenses payment–an advance payment of up to $15,000 to help with funeral expenses and immediate estate costs
- Planning for the future–provides expert financial advice to help your family make the best use of the full claim payout
In 2016 the company
- Paid out $123.1 million in insurance claims to Kiwi families
- Supported New Zealanders who could no longer work because of an illness or injury by paying out $20.2 million in income insurance claims
AMP Life Limited (AMP Life) is credited with an A+ insurer financial strength rating from Standard & Poor’s.