Southern Cross Health Insurance Review 2022
Southern Cross has many policies to suit budget and winning awards for high customer satisfaction, making it an excellent choice for health insurance buyers.
Southern Cross started out in 1961, Southern Cross Health Insurance opened for business by offering members reimbursement of 80% of medical treatment costs.
Southern Cross Health insurance plans can be tailored to suit your budget.
TOP RATES FOR
- New Zealand’s Largest Health Insurer
- A+ (Strong) Standard & Poor’s
Types of Health Insurance Sold by Southern Cross
Southern Cross health insurance plans reflect the different stages, budgets, and levels of cover that Kiwis need, whether for major surgery, day-to-day healthcare, or peace of mind.
Southern Cross Health Insurance offers five types of health insurance to accommodate various customer needs. Southern Cross offers:
- HealthEssentials is a daily health cover plan to help you manage your health. You can claim up to $1,250 annually from just $1 daily.
- Wellbeing One is a comprehensive surgery plan for peace of mind.
The plan includes cover for cancer care, surgical treatment and specialist consultations, diagnostic imaging, tests and recovery within six months of related eligible surgical treatment, chemotherapy or radiotherapy.
- Wellbeing Two is slightly different from Wellbeing One because it covers cancer care and surgery, specialists can be consulted, diagnostic images can be taken, and tests can be done anytime.
- UltraCare is a high-end surgical, medical, and day-to-day plan for people who want the most cover. The plan covers cancer care, surgery, specialist visits, diagnostic imaging and tests, and day-to-day care that can be given at any time. Also, you can choose your specialist, and after three years of continuous coverage, your pre-existing health conditions that qualify will be covered (except under Cancer Cover Plus).
Southern Cross Health Society Quick Facts
- Founded: 1961
- Headquarters: 155 Fanshawe Street, Auckland 1010
- How to buy: LifeCovered is an authorised broker for Southern Cross and gives independent advice.